• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hustler Props

Dusty

Question

I need to purchase a second prop for my Yamaha outboard. I have noticed some dealers offering a "Hustler" prop. upgrade. Can anyone explain what a Hustler Prop. is and what type of performance one could expect?

Thanks, Dan

1 answer to this question

I think that is refering to a prop that is a hub and seperate blade design... supposed to save you $$$ when you replace props, not having to get hub assy at same time...

I have a Yamaha 90 hp 2002, and too am looking for second prop... composite is out... they are supposed to be good in case you hit somthing, they break rather than tear up lower unit. But most boats have slip sleeves, or shear pins anyhow... the composite robs you of some power and speed due to flex. SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD... may not be true, I have not tried them myself...

But the props you are talking about are two part, hub then blades, they each cost $69.99 as per local marine store, so why not buy a good alum prop for the same $70 to $80 ....

Im looking too, so anyone else with experience please comment...

Wally