Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SpringerGuy

More wiring problems

I just got a new Warrior with a Warrior trailer. It has a flat 5 wire plug on the trailer. I didn't even know there was such a thing! Anyway I have a plug-in insert thing in my wireing harness. When I wired my pickup I cut the wires off leading to my old four wire plug then spliced in the 5 wire plug. The extra blue wire goes to my backup lights and releases the disc brakes when I put the pickup in reverse and allows the trailer to be backed up. I had a extra wire coming off the plup-in insert. It is red and must run my stop lights, so I spliced it into the brown wire (tail lights) on the flat plug. Now when I step on the brakes my parking lights come on, my radio clock dims, and a dinger goes of when I open my door and have my foot on the brake pedal. No stop lights on the trailer. The tail lights come on when I step on the brake.

The five wires are ground, left turn, right turn, tail, and that blue one that is for my back up lights.

Any ideas on what I need to do differant?

Thanks in advance,

PoleBender

Tom, you say hooked up the red wire to your brown on the trailer? That would only give running lights when you hit the brakes. Your green/yellow should double as brake lights from the truck. Do your surge brakes have a battery? See if you have a constant 12V coming from the red wire. I may be confused here. Is there a red wire on both 5 wire plugs? Sounds like with your current config, your sending voltage head to head. More details please...

chunky

My ground should be good. Everything works fine when I disconnect the red wire.

Chucky,
There are five wires coming of the plug-in insert. A blue, yellow, red, brown, & green. There are five wires on the flat plug. A white ground, blue for back up lights, left turn, right turn, & a brown for tail lights. I was thinking that brown doubled up as tail and brake lights. Do I need to hook up the red to both turn signals?

PoleBender

Nope, lets start with leaving the mystery (red) wire out of the picture for a minute. Go ahead and hook-up color to color minus the red altogether and see what we get. I'm gonna guess the lights work normally. Next, if you can, physically trace the red wire where it comes on to the trailer and lets see where that goes. Nevermind the truck side yet.

chunky