• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop/Pitch/Etc?

MJCatfish

Question

Just posted in the used items that I'm looking for a prop for my 1996 75 Merc. I'm looking for something that will give me a higher speed over long distances, not necessarily something that will give a quick hole shot. Any suggestions on pitch, etc?

Thanks!

MJ

9 answers to this question

MJ,

We're going to need some more info... like what pitch prop are you running now, and what are you getting for RPM at WOT? Also, since you're looking for more speed than holeshot, how many people and how much gear do you run with?

marine_man

It currently has a 3 blade stainless steel 16 pitch prop on it, but it's been repaired a couple of times and is banged up pretty good already. I would consider another stainless to have. I looked at the number last night on the prop, thought about writing it down, but didn't. I'm at work right now, then off to Big Stone. I'll have to get it Sunday night or Monday sometime. I'll try to include more details later.

Typically I have two batteries, maximum of 26 gallons of fuel, 1 or 2 other people with me, lots of tackle and rods, two anchors.

MJ

The Mercury web site has a page that allows you to plug in the boat and motor you have and the type of performance you are looking for in your rig. It will give you one or more choices. I did it for my boat and went to the dealer, and they agreed with what I had found on that site. Mercurymarine.com