• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor dies when I put into gear

tjhunter

Question

4 answers to this question

Sounds line the carbs probably have some blockage. It is letting enough fuel through to run but when you give it the business it can't handle it not enough gas getting through. So I would guess that the previous owner didn't winterize it properly such as leaving gas in the system which gummed up the carbs. Start by cleaning your carbs and you might be set.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I had something like that happen to me last year. It would die unless you let it warm up and slowly increase power. I could not just open it up and take off. I'm not sure if that is your case, but I fixed mine by reseting my carbs idel adjustment. Slowly turning the set screw and putting it in gear until I was happy with it.