• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fireline Line Twist

Seabass77

Question

6 answers to this question

Hey Seabass, glad to hear your getting ready to start chasing fish on the open water. My experience with fireline is mostly with craink baits on spinning reels. It does not seem to have much memory and I have never really had any twisting problems with it in a lot of outings. Like you, I have been pretty frustrated with mono and tried lots of different models in stren and berkely. With mono the thing I have found to work the best is not to fill my spool very full, I lose casting distance due to this, but for some reason it seems to cut down on twists when rigging. Let me know if you want to get out and do a little fishing.

Is it just me, or does it seem like problems with line twist while spooling have gotten bigger in the last 5-10 years? It's to the point that I'm going to use all fireline this year to alleviate headaches and profuse swearing...

marine_man

I am sure you pros all know this but will say it anyway.
It is very important to fill a spinning reel with the filler
spool face down so the line comes off the spool the same
way it goes on the reel spool. Like someone else said,
test for twist after several turns. If there is some twist,
flip the supply spool to the other and mark it for the future.
Good luck,
Oldvike