• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whose got the knowledge

ice-man/vexilar-king

Question

9 answers to this question

I have had Dico and they have made several trips up there. Goodyear also make a good trailer tire. It really doesn't matter as long as you get something with a high load rating. I think the ones on my trailer are load range C.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 04-28-2003).]

If you are running the original tire from your trailer manufacturer you should expect one year at best with moderate to heavy useage. (some of the top of the line trailers are different)The best thing you can do is take that trailer in and get a good set of radial tires. It will be the best investment you can make!!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

From what I've heard if you have bias ply tires on your trailer you should replace them with bias ply tires. Radial tires have too much side to side play and can start the trailer fish tailing at high speeds. This can be a bad thing when the tralier wants to pass the car your towing with...

Good Luck....

Wishin2BFishin

As always Chemist your info is golden. Of course I ment the trailer, didn’t mean to confuse you. Ha! If it helps I have a heavy duty shore lander trailer.
About getting the trailer up on the alignment rack and have the trailer aligned how does that work. What do they align? One more question; I have bearing buddies on the trailer, how often do you guys check the grease in them/or replace it? j0078811(t).gif
C&R~~~~>’)))))><

Alot of boat trailers are assembled in a hurried fashion. Sometimes the axle isnt quite square under the trailer, a simple sliding of the spring mounts will do the trick, camber and caster issues are dealt with by tweeking the axle itself to bring it into specs, I had this done to my trailer a couple years ago, my tires are wearing but in the correct way, before I was cupping on the inside, took it in, no longer a problem, that was 25,000 miles ago. No piece of fishermans equipment gets abused or neglected like a boat trailer..A good tire shop should be able to handle it..Good luck! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie