• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Lake

WEll, yes there are some REAL big rockpiles in that lake and of course they vary from 6 inches to 50 ft in depth. The best thing to do is ask the folks at the resort where you are staying to mark up a map with the danger spots in the immediate area. It is a HUGE lake with so much structure, but that also makes it a great walleye/musky/Lake trout lake as well. I highly suggest getting a map like the fishing hot spots maps, it has a lot of the well known areas marked up on it already, and it will at least give you a place to start. You definitely dont want to venture too far on that lake without a good map, since it really has a huge number of islands, bays etc. A gps unit is nice for finding those small out of the way reefs that your resort owners may be able to tell you about, and for navigation as well. We have done well there in the past with one exception. Three years ago we had a nasty cold front come in and we didnt catch more than a dozen walleyes the last 5 days... But, we switched over to Northern, Musky and Lake trout and managed to catch enough to keep us busy. Have a good time! Where are you staying at?

Thanks Fishermn,
I'm staying at north Shore Lodge 6-28 thru 7-5. I have my 3 boys with me and I would never go out without my GPS (A Must!)I have a hotspots Map and have been putting in cords where I want to fish but will ask the owners if there are any rock hazards in these areas before I go for sure. I was on Vermilion last week in May and did great...walleyes and a friend of mine got a 40" musky (released of course) the first morning. Well we thought that was awesome and we couldn't be happier...till...that afternoon I was fishing for walleye and landed a 47" musky. Biggest fish I ever caught! If I knew how to post it on here I would. My kids are 8/10/12 and they will fish ALL day. I swear they can catch fish out of a toliet bowl. We will just try everything as usual and take some advice from the dock hands / look for structure on the map / and check the fish finder. Most of all enjoy the time with my boys. Never been to this resort but look nice. If you have any suggestion or advice for this area it would be appreciated and thanks for your input.

Got back from Eagle Lake, Vermilion Bay, on Saturday. We used Fire Tiger Rogues and Silver/Black floating rapala's with 3 pea-sized split shot up from the lure about 4 ft. Did well on Walleyes and Northerns. The bass should start moving out from their spawning spots but there may be some still on beds (yup, started early this year). Most of the rock hazards are marked with white jugs. Keep an eye out for the jugs and another on your map and you should be fine. Never hurts to troll slow through areas that you're not sure of. Muskies ought to be starting up. Lake trout are deep, we tried but didn't get any. But we filled out on walleyes and northerns and are fish every day but one. Mayfly hatch was going on while we were there so it should be done. Best of Luck.

Just got back from North Shore Lodge...GREAT place. Limit of walleyes after the 2nd day (4 people 16 walleyes) Northen everywhere, smallies on the rocks close to shore. I didn't fish for Muskies because the other three are my favorites.

Just returned from Eagle Lake on Friday. Had a nasty cold front and rain storm go through. Still was able to catch walleyes and pike just had to fish 25 to 30 ft of water. The smallies were up in the shallows on the rocks with the lake being down so far and not having my own boat did not try to get too close to the rock piles. There are some very big boulders and I did not have a trolling motor. Did have a great time caught two walleyes over the slot one 26 1/2 inches and another 25 3/4 inches. Could not find the big pike or muskies caught over 50 smaller ones biggest pike just over 30 inches not huge but it was a really good fight he was caught on a gold and black husky jerk in 20 ft of water. If you are going for walleyes, jigs were the most effective lure and make sure you bring a lot of them very rocky and a ton of little pike waiting to bite it off. Chartuse and a no color lead head jig worked the best. hot pink also worked but chartuse and plain were the best. It was my first time at Temple Bay Lodge and it was fantastic they wait on you hand and foot and it is a great resort. I can not say enough good things about Temple Bay Lodge