• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lac Seul Reports.

I would also like to know how Lac Seul is doing. I am going up there on the 3rd of July and would like to know what everyone is catching and what they are using. I will be fishing on the western end of the lake by Ear Falls so any info would help. Thanks!

Quack

We fished the Souix Lookout end from 6/14-6/20. Water is 5' below normal and 8' below high water mark. Same on Lost Lake. Had very good luck. Walleyes were between 2'-14' deep.Most fish between 18" and 23". Very few small ones and good numbers of big ones although we did not crack the 28" mark this year.Used 2 flats of crawlers, 7# of leeches and alot of plastic. Very dry up there. Had a hell of a forest fire that burned up to Sen Bay, jumped the lake and burnt the spot we ate at 4 hours earlier. Lot's of excitement.

Fished out of Hudson 6/20 to 6/26. Caught lots of fish once you found them. Like always, never in the same spots as last years. Low water not a problem for us. For 5 guys, we caught 1,630 fish. Fished several promising places and caught nothing but when you find them, we usually had fish on in 1-2 minutes. Did not use minnows as we never have. Used 2 flats of crawlers (1/2 at a time on either plain hook with maybe a bead or some type of color attractor. Ran bare hooks on 1 oz bottom bouncers which is a deadly reliable setup. If you want, can use spinner rig. Also used 1/2 worm on 1/4 oz jig. Used twister tails on occasions but worked better without. Also burned up 6 lbs of leaches but the crawlers saved us as I think they stayed on hook better and caught as many if not more fish. Rain put the fire out for now. No bugs and had a great trip.

Was forced to leave Lac Seul Outposts on our trip due to the forest fire. Only had one day of fishing. Was able to catch and release a 10 1/2 pound walleye and 42 inch pike ( 6 pound test). Would have been interesting to see how the rest of the week could have been. All in all the fishing was fantastic.

Fished Lac Seul on the 3rd to the 5th and had excellent success. The first morning we caught probably 25 walleye that were 20 inches or bigger. And that was just before noon. The water was as low as I have ever seen it. We heard that it was the lowest it had been since 1975. We also caught a few smallmouth that were a nice surprise. We didn't catch many pike but the walleye fishing made up for that. All in all it was one of the best fishing trips of my life.