• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leeches in Canada

I'm heading up to Canada for the 1st time on June 21st. It is my understanding that you cannot bring leeches into Canada. That being said where is the best place to buy good jumbo leeches. I will be crossing the Border at Baudette and will be fishing in Minaki. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mille Lacs Guy,

I am not sure about the Maniki area but in my years of experience of buying leeches in Canada is that they really don't sort out the Jumbo's like they do down here. They have nice leeches but maybe not quite as big as the ones you can get down here. They sell by the pound and you'll get a variety of sizes. Good luck.

Leeches can be bought in Nestor Falls, Sioux Narrows, Kenora...That's the order you'll probably go through those towns, so it doesn't hurt to try Nestor Falls first, and so on. Good luck.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

I was in Canada last week fishing Lake of the Woods out of Buena Vista Resort. They had great leeches that worked for walleye. There is a bait store in the little community right across the border. I didn't stop there, but it is a thought.