• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manatoba, Winnipeg

Hey guys. I have a question for you. I used to go to a town near Winnipeg called Selkirk, the Red ran through it. I used to fish at that dam for Big catfish. Well when we went there we had a guide called Stu Mckay(I think that's the spelling). Well this was a few years ago, and now I want to go back. But I don't know if he's still in business. I found a webpage of his place, but none of the links worked. So I couldn't view it. So, what I'm looking for is info on him and if he is still running "The Cats on the Red". Any info would be just great, or even a webpage if it work. Thanks a lot guys.

------------------
Fishing isn't a Hobby to me. A Hobby is something you do in your spare time.

Yes he is. My dad and myself have been there two times. Both times the fishing was amazing. The second time we went he let me catch the bait then we used slip bobbers for the cats. Tons of fun. Also, the carp fishing was great too.
I didn't even notice that he's a Mod on this board. Hopefully he'll stop by some time.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Coleman (edited 06-08-2003).]

Coleman,

Yes as Backwater pointed out I'm alive & well and very much still in business here at Cats on The Red!
As for my HSOforum we've been experiencing some major difficulties with the company in which we originally registered our domain name with. However the problem has been resolved but unfortunately it will be another 2-3 weeks before www.catsonthered.com is back up on the net.

In the mean time if you'd like some information or if we can be of any assistance
you can send us an e-mail at [email protected]
or you can call direct at (204) 757-9876.

Fish "Hard" Forever!

Stu McKay

Good to hear that you're still around Stu. I doubt that you remember my dad and myself, but I'll give it a shot. My dad's name is Kenneth Blasing and mine Cole(same last name). We came up there about 6 years ago. Just wanted to say to you that we had a awesome time, and the fishing was just great. You're also the guy that turned me onto Carp fishing. And your Sugar corn fermintation mix is majic down here in MN.

Here are a few pictures to refresh your memory. Although they were a while ago. But my dad hasn't changed. smile.gif
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
The middle one is from the first time we were there.

[This message has been edited by Coleman (edited 06-09-2003).]

Yes Cole I do remember you and your father.
That was quite e few years ago judging the picture of my 'ol boat the "Cat"illac!
I had the "Cat"illac completely over hauled by the manufacturer about 6 years ago you wouldn't recognize her.
Glad to here that you're taking advantage and enjoying the carp angling opportunities. There a blast to catch in fact very few fish can equal a carp's speed and combined power once they've been hooked!

Fish "Hard" Forever!

Stu McKay
www.catsonthered.com

Oh by the way, I just wanted to commend you on your advice on the fishing net. We got the net you recommended when we were up there. Not sure on the make or model even, but that thing does a great job of netting. I can only remember a few times that I've got hooks caught in the net. One was from a dogfish that wouldn't stop rolling around.

Also, I've been talking to my dad about getting back up there. And we might get a chance to make it up there this year. So, we'll be sure you give you a holler once we get things planned out. Good to hear you're live and well Stu. Have a good one.

Cole

------------------