• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EAGLE LAKE REPORT

Check Andy Myer's Resort fishing reports for the latest info. The lake is low by 5 to 6 feet so watch for rocks, a wrecked lower unit is a real bummer and expensive, too!

Best of Luck, let us know how you do! where you staying?

I WON THE TRIP AND THE COMPANY PURCHASES
THE PROP INSURANCE, FIRST TIME ON THE AMERICAN PLAN smile.gif I USUALLY TENT IT.
WE ARE STAYING AT EAGLE LAKE LODGE LOCATED ON ONE OF THE ISLANDS. A COUPLE YEARS AGO
WE TORE UP THE LOWER UNIT ON MY OWN BOAT
$2000.00 WORTH, AT MINITAKI. I HAD MY INSURANCE MAN WITH, AND IT WAS COVERED.

Tombow, getting back to you on the fishing report from Vermillion Bay Lodge here. We were up from the 18th through the 24th of May. Listen the water is down about 4 to 5 feet-parking is a little tight in the boat area.....otherwise on the lake everything is marked pretty good. You will see a lot of new reefs. As far as fishing - we concentrated down in Sportsmans Bay and 5th and Broadway area. The lure working the best was Countdown Rapala's....casting or trolling. Most of our walleye's were caught on these - if you want big northerns it was the Suspending FireTiger 13. Walleyes were kind of spotty but we did get some. Again we were just in the West Arm and fishing more than satisfied us in this area.

Vipor50--Thanks for the report! I really appreciate it. I've been hitting the Andy Myer's Lodge Fishing report pretty regularly to keep updated. Where you using Black/silver countdowns or some other color and what size/length of countdowns, also any weight on the line when trolling? Any word on Lake trout that you heard while you were there? I'm guessing they maybe on their way deeper. How was the weather and what do you think of V.Bay Lodge?

Thanks again and Best of Luck!!

TomBow,
The best two lures we used were yes black and white and the Perch colored gold bottom with green and black stripes. It seemed like the best working lure was a #13 and we basically trolled and casted in 12 to 14 feet of water off shorelines. The lake trout were already out to deeper waters - never got one. We really enjoyed Vermillion Bay Lodge and Gord was just great to deal with. The Sunday night fish fry was great along with the hospitality. Good Luck on your trip!

Vipor50--
I really appreciate the info on Eagle, especially specifics. I knew that you guys would like V.Bay Lodge. We'll be leaving for there on Friday at Midnight (getting to the border way early to avoid the rush), headed to Kenora for a sight seeing float plane ride, a little other sight seeing and sourvenir action, then off to V.Bay by 3PM. Hope your fishing is top notch and that everyone else who reads this has great fishing!

Sincerely,
TomBow

Just got back. The fishing was pretty good
once you found them we were able to limit
out in a couple hours. Only got lost one time and thanks to the dock boys from Temple Lodge, they jumped in a boat during the rain at 8:30 pm and guided us back to camp. We stayed at Eagle Island Lodge and it was FANTASTIC all around, I have never ran in to better all around service ever.

Alrighty then, glad to hear it went well. You know I HAVE TO ASK, where did you find "them"? Eagle lake Island lodge is in the west arm, correct? What were your lures of choice and did you chase lake trout at all? Any info would be appreciated. Only 3 more days......

MINNOWS ON A VERY LITE JIG, CASTING IN 6 TO 10 FEET DEEP, IN THE MORNING AND EVENING AND
A LITTLE OVERCAST NEEDED IT SEEMED THE CLEAR WATER IS A LITTLE CHALLANGING. SEEMED TO CATCH A BETTER SIZE WALLEYE TROLLING CRAWLER HARNESSES. CAUGHT A FEW ON A JIG AND CRAWLER BUT THE MINNOW SEEMED TO OUT PRODUCE. DID A LOT OF CHANGING UP RIGS. I NOT SURE ABOUT LOCATION BUT THREE BROTHERS AREA WAS THE BEST.

Report for the week of 6/14-21:
Brought home full limits for 2 on Walleye's and Northerns, ate fish every day 'cept Friday, never caught a bass but 2 "bass maniacs" caught a bunch by sight-fishing the bass on beds and harrassing them into hitting. We caught our fish trolling No. 13 Rapalas in Silver/Black and Smithwick Rogues (same size as rap's) in Fire Tiger in with about 1/2 oz. of split shots up 4 ft. from the lures. More pike on the rogues. We did not use jig-minnow combos for more than an hour out of the whole trip so we might have gotten a few more walleyes and northerns but fishing was good, weather was hot (80 degree average, it is dry as hell up there), the lake is low as expected due to much less snow fall this winter than expected. The bass-heads bent a prop shaft and took a beer-can diameter chunk out of a skeg (each on two different motors). They didn't bother to tell the lodge-owner what happened. Sorry to see that happen to a great lodge-owners like Gord and Susanne Bastable at Vermilion Bay Lodge. Again, V-Bay is housekeeping only but extremely reasonably priced place to stay. $435/per person, boat, motor and gas included for a week (Sat. 3PM to Sat. 9AM) I give it high marks and you should check it out if you are looking for a great place to stay. Best of Luck to all ya'll.

I am heading up there this weekend first time going with Temple Bay Lodge. Hopefully it will be a good trip. I have heard very good things about this resort and it looks like there is going to be good fishing. Will give a report when I come back.

Just returned from Eagle Lake on Friday. Had a nasty cold front and rain storm go through. Still was able to catch walleyes and pike just had to fish 25 to 30 ft of water. The smallies were up in the shallows on the rocks with the lake being down so far and not having my own boat did not try to get too close to the rock piles. There are some very big boulders and I did not have a trolling motor. Did have a great time caught two walleyes over the slot(18"-23") one 26 1/2 inches and another 25 3/4 inches and a few in the slot. Could not find the big pike or muskies caught over 50 smaller ones biggest pike just over 30 inches not huge but it was a really good fight he was caught on a gold and black husky jerk in 20 ft of water. If you are going for walleyes, jigs were the most effective lure and make sure you bring a lot of them very rocky and a ton of little pike waiting to bite it off. Chartuse and a no color lead head jig worked the best. hot pink also worked but chartuse and plain were the best. It was my first time at Temple Bay Lodge and it was fantastic they wait on you hand and foot and it is a great resort. I can not say enough good things about Temple Bay Lodge