• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOTW Memorial Weekend Report

Just got back from Sioux Narrows. Amazing weather, good fishing.

Several Lakers caught ranging from 6-14 lbs. Nothing huge, but using lighter tackle this year, and that made those 10-14 pounders feel like big bulls.

I didn't get up the lake walleye fishing, but spoke with uncle/cousins who did and they did excellent. Mostly deep, 40'. They were jigging w/minnow, but talked with another guy and he said jig/worm worked well too.

I saw plenty of Minnesota vehicles and boats up there, so there's got to be some more reports out there....

Water is still low, and hasn't come up at all since Wednesday the 14th.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Fishing in Canada -------well whats your guess hemlock! Yep you were right,. Killed them. Only 2-3 minutes between fish. Worms or power leaches in any south facing bay with slight breeze comming in. 8-12 feet. Same pattern as the last 7 yrs. Boated at least 100 on sunday. You should come fishing with me sometime hemlock!!

Good for you JZ. They must be all over the place. The reference I was making was in 40' water by Cliff Island. They didn't need to cover ground, cuz they sat on them pretty much all day. Sounds like you didn't too bad either though. I'd love to come up .

Might be tough with the wife's schedule thise days.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

I fished 2 days out of Morson for walleyes. I grew up in the area so I know it pretty good oh by the way I live in Baudette so it aint that far. But one evening i took my older cousin and my oldest son ( Zack 4 yr old ) and we did good on walleyes for just a couple hours of fishing. I didnt even have my line and they both landed a fish. My cousin had 3 lb eye and let it go and Zack was struggling a bit but he held on I thought he had a pike on but when i looked in the water and seen that gold flash i grabbed the net. I only had to help lift his rod tip up so i could net the fish. Zack was all pumped up and said " Wow thats a big walleye!" and indeed it was. 7 1/4 lb but we never measured it and we let it go. Did have my digital along so I snapped a few pics. I was so proud of him because that was his biggest walleye yet. Anyways 2 days later I left my son at home and went out with my cousin and one other guy. We planned to have a shore lunch and we could'nt ask for a nicer day. We found the eyes in shallow as 4 ft. I mean you set the hook and you could see the fish already. Of course the water in Miles Bay is darker than whitefish. We were on them for a couple hours and limited out and then went for lunch. We then went for bass afterwards and got about 25 or so just pitching tubes on boulders and trees and even got 2 more nice eyes while doing so. My dad told me that he heard walleye fishing was good and he was right. he wasnt there cuz he was out of town but I think he knew that we would do okay without him. I thanks my dad for starting me at a young age and now that I got my own son and one more to teach yet ( he's just turned too ) I now get the opportunity to teach my sons to the sport and watching him catching fish was a blast! Never made it to whitefish yet this year but hope to get up there soon. I dont know if you can call this a report or not but it was a beautiful weekend weather wise and the fishing was awesome.

Let 'em go let 'em grow!

Brian

The smallies are really on right now. We picked up some nice ones in the shallows on sand bars spinning for walleyes. I would imagine any warm bay is holding smallies now. They will slowly move to the reefs later in the summer, but now I would work every sandy bay with some vegitation and souther exposure.