• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Barbless hooks/rules

I'm going to Lake St. Joe's in Ontario in June and found out that you can only use barbless hooks and only one barbless treble hook on plugs. So can I have any lure in my tackle box and modify them on the water, or are you illegal if you have barbs and multi treble hook lures in your box?

Thanks in advance for the replys.

Mr. Big,

My understanding would be what you are actually fishing with. I fish barbless in a certain part of LOTW and I am certainly breaking they law if that's the case, cuz I keep plenty of Raps, etc...with three treble/barbed hooks. Again, just what's in use.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

We also go to a lake with the same regs and just a reminder that any hooks tied on fishing lines/rods all have to be barbless. That means not only the rod you are fishing with but the rods ready for use in your rod storage. We got checked once and they did check these rods as well.
A tip that we use is to take a handfull of medium width rubber bands in the boat with you and after you put your live bait on the hook, poke the hook through the rubber band and then clip it very short. This keeps the bait from slipping off and you can barely see it.
ccarlson