• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Border Crossing

Heading up on a fly-in in mid June and I have a buddy(don't we all)that has a DWI on his record 4 years ago. My question is can he still get across if they ask him about this issue and he is up front with them. Is there such thing as a "border pass" and how much are they? Any help would be appreciated.

You will definately want to call or check on this. I have heard you can fill out a form for $200 CDN, maybe $250. This allows him in one time. Once the DUI is over 5 years, you pay again, but this time it's good for 5 years. Again, this is what I've read/heard. Call the border station where you will be crossing to be absolute.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Good Advice,

You'll definitely want to check with Canada Customs (www.ccra.gc.ca). I've heard of people having major problems with that sort of thing getting into the States, I'm not sure about the other way around, but it will ruin your trip if you get to the border and they don't let your buddy into Canada because of his record.
good luck

http://www.cnlc.gc.ca/infocntr/factsh/pardonfaq_e.htm

Above is the web address for getting information on a "Royal Pardon" this looks to be the only way to get a Canpass if there has been anything on a persons record within the last 10 years. It has to be at least 3 years old sometimes 5 to apply and it can take up to 18 months to get. I hope this info can help anyone that loves fishing on the Canadian side.

Dasfooter