• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canada Resort with Runways

I would appreciate any information regarding Canadian resorts with runways. I have a friend with a pilatus jet and he likes to go fish for a few days in July. He takes his daughter with him and invites my son and I. Last year, we went to God's Lake in Manitoba and we're hoping to find something in Ontario this year. Any suggestions as we are looking for northern and walleye. Thanks for any information.

Footdoc,

Not quite certain what a pilatus jet is, but I'm guessing you will need more than a grass runway? Let me know what kind of runway you'll need and I can get you an answer.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Footdoc,
I will be taking a trip with "Liddles Fishing Adventures" in July to their Miminiska Lodge. We are flying direct to the lodge via Canada Direct. I believe (not sure) they fly the same aircraft you're talking about. Can't tell you about the place, since this will be my first time there, but it sure looks good! Check it out: www.liddles.com

Hello,
I saw your posting, and can offer some information. I was employed at Miminiska Lodge. We did get pilatus aircraft into the lodge from the states. The pilots were pretty experienced bush pilots. The runway is turf, is 2400ft x 100ft. The 09 threshold is a little soft (sandy), but otherwise a nice strip. If your pilatus isn't overloaded, there wouldn't be any problems. The charter service that came in would bring 9 guys and gear in and out all the time with no problems. Sometimes when they knew they would be heavy leaving they wouldn't take full fuel, instead ferry to Thunder Bay to fill up.
The lodge is first class, the fishing is excellent, and the Liddle's really treat their guests well.
I'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed.