• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Close Calls?

Hi Canadian fisher people, Do you have some stories you could share on some "close calls" up in the bush? Mine was when my pilot and I cracked up a super cub in the trees on the Lake Helena shoreline March 1970. Fortunately we both survived with minimal injuries, although I didn't wake up until 4 hours later in the International Falls Hospital.What a wonderful part of the world it is up in that country.

Hey Kingfisher, good post!
I couldn't leave you hanging there with no replies. I don't have any "war stories" so to speak. It's a darn good thing, growing up on Lake of the Woods, you never know what Mother Nature might throw at you. I don't think I've faired anything more than huge waves and bright lightning that make me a little uneasy. Glad to hear you made it another day to tell your story.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Can't touch the plane crash. 13" of rain in two days, a small twister, two bouts of hail in the same day on the water, and being detoured thru Manitoba and North Dakota to get back to central MN. All during one six day trip to the english river last year.

------------------
Ret-ro!! :)