• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

voltage output from Johnson motor?

GConda

Question

I own a 97 115 Johnson outboard on a fishhawk Crestliner. My voltage meter constantly says the motor is putting out 16 plus volts while running at high rpm's and also sometimes while idling. I know the guage is correct because it shuts off my locator when there are 16 vt. or more. Is this normal? if not any ideas?

6 answers to this question

Not sure what was wrong with that battery,as it also took a charge and stuff.I brought it in to Batteries Plus where they tested it on their machine and said it was bad.Haven't had any problems since I replaced it???

GConda, Glad it was just yer battery.I had another glitch one time,where the voltage on my locator/and dash-gauge were indicating under-charging.After some worring about the charging system AGAIN.
I found one end of my fuse in the fuseholder
was all green and funky!A little scrubbing away of the problem corrosion,and things were
just fine.Sometimes, its the simple things that turn out to bite us!!!!!!!!!!!!!