• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lock Port

I was wondering If Lock Port can be effectivley fished from shore in the spring. also when does the season opon and is their a good run of walleye. The dams turn hot on the Red in MN/ND for walleyes mid-april and lasts for about 1-2 weeks depending on the pressure. Thanks to anyone who gives info.

Lockport is extremely fishable along the banks on the Red River! This applies to the spring or any other season.
However with the exception of stocked trout waters, we have a total closure on sport fishing here in the province from April 1st thru the first few days of May. This applies to the Red aswell, therefore eliminating any chance of catching 'eyes while their getting ready to spawn. Places like the Rainy River have no such closures making April an ideal time to fish there and countless do.
The 2003 angling season gets underway in southern Manitoba on May 10th. If you're the slightest bit interested in"BUST'N" up some tackle "OUR" kitties will be more than happy to accommodate you. Of coarse, this applies to bank or boat fishing!
I hope this has been of some assistance, if you require more info feel free to contact me anytime.

Fish "Hard" Forever!

Stu McKay
www.catsonthered.com

Thank's for the info Stu. I think I'll head up their this spring in search of Cat's. Now all the cat's are Channels right?Or are their and Flats or Blues. Any of the 3 or good in my book. However I have only caught chanels.

BIG ><sUMo> channel kittys, they will keep you busy.

I recomend you get Stu to take you Cork'n once, Weee...Haaa! After that, you will be hooked for life.

Ahhhhhhh.........Cork'n sucks!

smile.gif

Sheephead:

They are right! I have fished cats most of my life and made a trip to Lockport with Stu "Highlander" McKay a few summers ago.

I still dream about that trip. And the fishing wasn't bad, either! Seriously, we boated a lot of cats over 20, with a couple approaching 30. Not to mention the Kamikaze carp we caught off the bank of Stu's place.

------------------
"I've driven farther before to catch fewer fish . . ."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

Definately book a cabin at Stu's place! I used to camp in Selkirk, but never again. They have nice lodging right at the dam for a great price. Plus licenses, bait & tackle & even some burgers on the grill. Lot's of good shoreline to fish too. I was up there in May & caught a lot of big cats betwen 15 & 25 lbs. Just a few of those monsters will wear you out. I think our best spot was right in front of our cabin on a little current break. We could have caught those fish from shore that day. I hope I can get up there again this spring. Very fun! Vern

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by vern (edited 02-13-2003).]

HOwdy Stu. Getten closer to fishing time every day. I am going into withdrawls already. I am looking forward to hooking up with you this summer and trying to coax you into showing me some corkin. I have not done that as of yet.

I also hear that you moved away from the river? Hope to still see you around there often. You run an awesome place there and my hats off to you Stu. Keep up the good work.

See you on the water.

Wiskers.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 04-02-2003).]

Rusty,

In part you absolutely bang-on I did build a new place away from the river...we should be moving in in approximately three or weeks.
Yes you will definately being seeing us here at Cats at least during the day whent he days done we'll be driving north to the new hangout.

Less than two months to go and those old kitties will be once again busting-up a lot of tackle. The month of May is going to be awesome for those that are going to hear for the experience! Cork'n should be hot & heavy!

Regards,

Stu

Wiskers,

Stick to pushing snow! My wife said, it almost looked like you were trying to find snow to block in our vehicles. That's no way to treat someone that's up fishing at Lake of the Woods. smile.gif

I might have to "book" you for a day on the RL River here...I've heard a lot of good stuff about your service. I just don't want to get muddy, cuz that's not part of my fishing vocabulary. wink.gif

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Rusty,

Yes we are building a new place and it is away from the river......all this means is that we'll be commuting daily no big deal.

The river going to in great shape for the season opener on May 10th....for those fortunate enough to be hear they'll be in for time of their lives!

Fish "Hard" Forever!

Hemlock: I giggled all the time pushing that snow you know LOL .. I was waiting for a call to dome bail you out.. lol.

We have to hook up this summer and go taunt them kittys.

Stu: Well on May 10, I will be there with bells on.. $1. for the first fish. LOL

See ya on the water.

By the way, check out the 2003 annual of "Fishing the Wild side". It just happens that Old Wiskers is famous again. woohoo.

Rusty

Hey Sheephead,

I've been having some difficulties with those that originally registered my web-site.
I should have the problem cleared up in the next day or so in which we'll be back up and running.

If you need to get hold of me my email is [email protected].

As I predicted the season opener has been great here on the Red. We're catching tons of big cats and the action on the walleye has been interesting as well.

Fish "Hard" Forever!

Stu McKay