• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Bay resort

I just stayed there for an ice fishing trip the weekend of January 10th for the first time ever. The service, food and rooms were great. I will stay with them on my annual ice fishing trip to Nestor Falls from now on. They are on Crow Lake but also share an access in to Steven's Bay on LOW with three other resorts. Paul and Chris were very helpful both while we were planning our trip and after our arrival.

Sorry Northlander,

I was in Mexico on vacation and just got back in to reading the FM posts. For more information on Muskie Bat resort you should check their HSOforum. They also supply a phone number on the site so you can speak directly to Paul or Chris. If there is anything else I can help with post again.

Northlander, the bait shop that is attached to the grocery store/liquor store is my preference. The husband/wife combo that run the place are very helpful. Sorry, I don't remember their names. Good luck, when are you going?

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Northlander, after you cross the cool bridge from I-Falls to Fort Frances, take HWY 11 west. After about 25 miles (don't quote me on the mileage) Turn north on HWY 71 and 35 miles later, you are in Nestor Falls.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

WallEYES,

Is that trip in late March mostly for catching Lakers? Were you up there once already this winter? I have a cabin just south of Sioux Narrows, wondering how the fishing is in March around Nestor Falls.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

HEMLOCK
Fishing is good for trout, you just have to keep moving around. I mamaged to do great up ther in January with the girl friend. Lots of nice crappies in the 11-13 inch range with the biggest at under 16 inches, a few eyes and some nice lakers. Hell you could hook up with us there in March, your cabin must be only a half hour drive or so.

Yeah, walleyes my cabin is about 30 miles north, and then 8 miles back south by boat...I know, doesn't make much sense, but that's where we park the pickup and cars. I don't know if I'll be up in March. I'm heading to SE part of the lake next weekend. I would love to do it, I'll check the schedule (also have a wife and a 15 month boy) so, also check with them too! Keep me posted.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

NORTHLANDER
I know Paul and Chris real well and been there quite a bit, A group of 20 are going on the 19th-23rd of March, including some of the field staffers. E-mail me at [email protected]
I can give you some good information on bait shops, only 2 of them, and they are open only at particular hours and days, info on lures for trout, crappies, and eyes.....ect...I found this place 5 years ago and never stayed any place else. Been going up in this area for 15 plus years and know the area pretty well. Give me a shout.

walleyes i'am staying down the road from muskie bay at the same time grew up in the area..haven't fished low much..if you need an extra guy for fishing one of the days let me know..live in plymouth trying to buy a cabin on crow

Just got back from muskie bay resort and its all its cracked up to be. Great folks and good fishing. We had poor weather but really hit the crappies 1 day. Lakers were a bit hard to find but caught a 47 inch Muskie threw the ice.
I highly recomend Paul and Chris's place. Clean, warm and great food. Price is right as well.

Just got back from muskie bay resort and its all its cracked up to be. Great folks and good fishing. We had poor weather but really hit the crappies 1 day. Lakers were a bit hard to find but caught a 47 inch Muskie threw the ice.
I highly recomend Paul and Chris's place. Clean, warm and great food. Price is right as well.

Northlander.....
What depths did you try for dem lake trout? And did you try using minners for dem crappies? Heading up late tonight, should have a laker on the ice by this time tommorrow. grin.gif

I'm from Elk River. Paul told me you guys went back into otterskin for trout and did ok. I have to spend a least one full day and move around to find my trout this time of year. Sounds like they are up shallow. I'll give a report