• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where to i get lead bars?

joneshat11

Question

5 answers to this question

If you really want some cheap lead, many tire shops have buckets of used lead counterweights they for balancing wheels, you may be able to ask them if they are willing to give them to you or sell them for fairly cheap. The only thing about using them is you would have to pick the steel clamps out of them after they are melted.

Get ahold of me at [email protected] . I get lead out of old cast iron plumbing joints. Usually get more than I need. Maybe we could work out a swap. Lead for jigs? I will melt it down and get the okum out of it. It might need a little cleaning after that.
I have heard that wheel weight lead does not make the best jigs. It is to hard or something.

mike w,

thanks for the offer but I'm just trying to get started into making my jigs. If I get into soon though I will be giving you an email. I was going to invest in the stuff but the taxidermy just finished two lesser geese and and my deer so gotta spend the money on that for now.

Thanks though,