• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Trout Report

Well, I've been dreading posting this reply, but I promised I would. Fishing (lake trout) was terribly slow up at Sioux Narrows over the long weekend. Not only that, it was darn cold and augers got fussy and all that good stuff. We weren't up for running and gunning like we would've liked, due to the cold temps. We did hear some "OK" reports from guys, so they were biting in spots. We lost a few at the hole, had several bites and only iced 3. But, the optimist in me says it was a great trip, lots of fun, and we'd do it again. Any other reports from that neck of the woods?

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

hemlock, running and gunning is best when its very cold, all the activity keeps your blood flowing, not to mention the brewskies. be up at dryberry lake next week, hope to put some lunkers up then back down, good fishin'

It was too cold for me to run and gun, as well as the other guys. That fishouse was nice and toasty. I, and a couple others would take off with just a rod and the auger but that got cold within an hour or so. It was just unfavorable conditions. Good luck on Dryberry.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"