• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Manitoba

Hello to all in Canada, I live on the Rainy River near International Falls MN. so every morning have my coffee and look across the river at your beautiful province. My Christmas gift from my dad this year is a fishing trip to Canada, we were planning on going to Crow for lakers, but I just read an article about Lake Manitoba perch. They painted a pretty good picture but said you need a snowmachine to get out, and we don't have one right now. would it still be worth it to go and fish close to the ice roads (if any) or should I just plan on going to Crow?

I haven't been to Lake Manitoba yet this year for perch but plan to soon. We had very little snow up to about a week ago. I heard that before the snow came you could easily drive out onto the lake. Since the snow I'm not sure if you need a snow machine or not. There are two places to go for perch on Lake Manitoba:

1. Twin Beaches, St. Laurent

2. Delta, north of Portage la Prairie

I'm not familiar with Twin Beaches. I know that at Delta you can park your vehicle on the dyke/floodway and walk a short distance out. Timing is the key. As the winter wears on the Perch seem to migrate further west.

Prior to coming up check out the Fishing Manitoba Bulletin Board on the Cat Eye Outfitter HSOforum. Lots of good info and plenty of guys willing to share reports.

Good luck.

you can drive a 4x4 truck anywhere you want to go right now...
walking is not the answer when trying to track down winter perch...
the starting point at st. laurent/twin beaches is 3/4 mile out to water 9-11' deep... there are no ice roads here just make your own trail