• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Despair Lakers?????

Hello Everyone,

I just saw an ad in Outdoor News about the snowmobiling/ice fishing opportunities on Lake Despair which is 1/2 hour North of I'Falls. Has anyone out there ever fished it in the winter? The ad specifially mentions lakers and I've always wanted to catch them thru the ice.

Thanks,
Slotfish

Hi slotfish, Just found this site, I fish Lakers every winter was up in the Lake Despair area last year. We did well lakers are really fun to catch thru the ice, the line will fly off your real. My friend from Rainer by the Falls is up there as I type this I was going but too much of a honey do list,of projects to finish.If you want info on trout fishing in Canada go to the Rainy Lake forum and ask fishmeister hes the mgr at headquaters sport in the Falls,he will give you great info. Also we took Scott Matthews hes a winter guide at Thunderbird Lodge and he does alot of winter guiding for lake trout and has all the gear. Dave or fishmeister at headquaters can give you his number. I found his number at the Lodge 1-800-351-5133 or 1-218-286-3151. I would go with someone who knows the area you can tell him Bob Auel told you to call. Give it a try now is when Lake Trout fishing is just getting going, you will enjoy it. Good fishing

------------------
Advanced Angler& guide

fnb,
Hey thanks for the reply. Funny you mentioned Scott M. He's a friend of mine and we went chasing walleye together a coule weeks ago. Good guy, really knows the lake. He has a show with Buthch Furhman coming up (I beleive) next week, he shot it in the American Narrows area.

Slotfish,Small world ins't it,Scott knows Rainy so you have the right guy, he has some pictures of the trout he caught with us last year nice trout.Havent talked to him this year I spose a canadian trout trip is in his plans he loves to fish. Bob

------------------
Advanced Angler& guide