• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm from Canada. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have been checking out this site for about a year now. I enjoy it a lot as the info here is great. I'm sure my wife wishes I never found this site. Since finding it I've gotten myself an FL18, a Fish Trap Voyager and the list goes on. Thanks to all that contribute.

My buddies and I mainly fish for Walleye on the Red River. We are hoping to set up our permanent shelter next week. Now that I have the portable I hope to get out to the Whiteshell in the eastern part of the Province, Lake Manitoba in the central part of the Province (for Perch) and Rock Lake in the southwest part of the Province (for Walleye and Perch). We are very blessed here in Manitoba to have so many differant species of fish most within a short drive of Winnipeg. In the future I hope to try my luck at catching Crappie, Pike and Trout as well.

Good Day Eh!

I'm originally from Portage la Prairie, MB. I have lived in MN since 1996, married a minnesOtan and it looks like we'll be here for a while. Spend most my spare time up on the island at Lake of the Woods.

Oh, and it's nice to have this Canada thread up and running. I hope we can share some "secrets" here. Good luck to all and I will anxiously await reports, comments, or whatever you feel like!

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Welcome Aboard Norco! Yes indeed, this site is great and addicting! Right now, all we have is this one Canada generic thread, but with some time and hopefully some expansion, we might be able to add the different provinces and so on. What kind of fishing do you do in Saskatchewan, Norco? Fill us in!

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Well There are lakes for a variety of different species. I visit a few different lakes weekly and fish for Perch mostly as they are quite easy to catch as well fun. Walleye and pike are also abundant as well as Rainbow trout. All these fish are available to me with an hour drive or so. I have started fishing late November here and have caught many Pike, perch are slow as well as walleye in the particular lake I am fishing right now. I have only been ice fishing for 2 yrs so I am still learning and want to learn more of this exiting sport. My favorite fish to catch are walleye, this summer at the lake near town I could easily catch 15-20 but when winter comes they are very hard to catch. I talk with many people on the lake and even the tackle shops and they say that it is a hard to get walleye in that lake in winter. I am not going to accept that report and my mission this winter is to find the walleye!!!

Norco, sounds like a pretty good mission for the winter. I've seen your other posts on the ice fishing main page about augers and your question about how to find the walleyes in that pond. I would give you advice on that, but the only place I fish for eyes is Lake of the Woods and for the most part, they are pretty predictable. Drill lots of holes and be persistant! Good luck.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

I'm a native Ontarioan(?) that lives in cheese land (WI). I too married a MinnesOtan about 7 years ago. I was a fishing guide on Lake St. Joseph north of Sioux Lookout when I met my wife. We go back every year to the region (Lac Seul now)for a summer walleye run. The rest of the year I resort to hunting slabs and bull 'gills here in the Midwest. Always looking for NW ONT options for big squaretails outside of Nipigon region. Any thoughts??

Good Luck, Hail the Flashlihgt King!

(That's right I have adapted to local twin cities media and enjoy it regularily)

------------------
Jeff Phelan
Fish On LLC
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by fish_on_llc (edited 01-10-2003).]