• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winch Strap Use

Dave

Question

OK guys, I was driving 70mph on 94 yesterday. I passed a guy pulling about a 17'speed boat and noticed the winch strap AND safety chain were not connected. I pulled him over and told him. His reply, "I really don't think it's neccessary" as he connected them up rather fast. This guy was nuts wasn't he?

6 answers to this question

Dave,

Obviously, he is crazy for not using these safety features. A big gust of wind could have lifted his boat off his trailer and he could have had his hands full and would be endagering the lives of those around him.

One question for you, though.......you "pulled him over"???? Are you some sort of law enforcement officer or just very persuasive?

huskminn,
Back already from the honeymoon? Hope you had/are having fun.

No law enforcement job here. I had da wife wave him over to the side of the road. I didn't want to see anyone get hurt from one guys stupidity and have a flying boat in their face.

Dave,

Ah yes, back from the honeymoon....had a great time, saw lots of wildlife, got snowed on, waded some beautiful rivers, caught some cutthroat trout (one 20"!!) and stared at the mountains a lot.

Thanks for remembering.......

boss,
That did cross my mind after I started down 94 again. Kind of made me second guess my thoughts.

If any of you own the SUV and boat I stopped on 94 eastbound Sunday evening, around 5:15pm, I'll say something now I should have told you in person...................
YOU ARE NUTS!!

Ahhh, I feel better now. smile.gif