• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What pitch prop to run

bendaryesterday

Question

I have a 18 ft lund prov with a 150 yamaha
it seens I dont get my top speed or rpms out of my motor just wondering if any one has a rig similar and would sugest a pitch for a prop to run

Thanks
SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE YESTERDAY !!!!!

5 answers to this question

thanks for the quick responce

I run about 5500 rps at full throdle
I have a kicker and lots of gear
I am not sure what u ment by wot?
thinking about going stanles steel
my sped is 43 45 mph

thanks for the help

SHOULD HAVE BEEN DAR YESTERDAY !!!!!!

Well.. it would appear that you're running to the manufacturer's limit for RPM, any higher RPM's are not recomennded by the manufacturer. Your top end speed seems a little bit low, but if you're running with a lot of gear (and it sounds like you are) you're doing pretty good for speed.

As far as I know you don't have a lot, if any, options for another aluminum propeller, assuming that your running out to 5500 RPM after some trim adjustment.

If you're looking to go to stainless you could get the same size prop or go down a pitch or two and get a little more speed and probably a little more holeshot, depending on which direction you pick.

Talk to a dealer and see what they would recommend too...

Good Luck!

marine_man