Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rapala Line

11 posts in this topic

A large national chain store has a ton of Rapala Line on clearance for 1.97 and 2.97 a spool in any weight 4 -14 lbs. Is this stuff any good. Never used the stuff myself, but if someone can tell me that it's good stuff I might have to pick up a bunch.

I have used the rapala line for the past 2 years and have liked it. It seems to have a low memory(for me at least, others may say different) and does not break off as some other lines i have used. How long is the line on sale for, i am going to have to go buy a bunch of it, that price is unbeatable. Email me and let me know what store has it. weatherman_01 at yahoo dot com

[This message has been edited by wishiniwerefishin (edited 04-14-2003).]

I used the 4lb. test Rapala Finesse line and it held up all last season without a line change. Spring trout, crappies, bluegills, etc. Low memory and is the best casting monofilament I ever used. I'd buy a load at that price...

I have used the Rapala Finesse for a both ice fishing and open water and like the low memory it has - especially in the cold. I haven't had any problems with it at all.
Paul S

yeah i used rapala on most of my reels last year, and I loved it. It has a very low memory.

------------------
"There are many stages to a man's life. In the first stage, he is young and eager, like a beaver. In the second stage, he wants to build things, like dams, and maybe chew down some trees. In the third stage, he feels trapped, and then "skinned." I'm not sure what the fourth stage is."

hey wishiniwerefishin,
I don't need to email you I'll just tell you. It's a chain with the initials G.M. and I've been in both the Burnsville and Bloomington stores and there is a ton of it on a clearance table. Looks like it's on sale until it's gone.

Thanks alot, thats what i figured it was, i am definately heading over there this weekend and stocking up, if for some reason they stop making it im gonna be prepared!!

so then no one knows why Cabelas has this line on sale? wink.gif

------------------
"There are many stages to a man's life. In the first stage, he is young and eager, like a beaver. In the second stage, he wants to build things, like dams, and maybe chew down some trees. In the third stage, he feels trapped, and then "skinned." I'm not sure what the fourth stage is."

I think they have two formulas, finesse and tough. I tried some finesse 4# last year ( on clearance) and it broke very easily to the point where I might try tough but would not buy the finesse again

I have used both tough and finesse in summer and in winter. I found the finesse to be a great winter use line and never had any breakoffs with it. I always use a flouro leader as well. It's comparable to Berkley XL with less memory. It's a steal at that price if you ask me.....