• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

props

Question

I have a 98 starcraft pro-elite 2000. It is 20' long & 102" wide. Right now it has a 150 opti. with a 14 by 19 laser 2 prop. I can only get 5100 rpms. So I bought a 200 opti. to get a little more speed. Could anybody help me with what size & kind of prop to go with? Stainless or alum. etc. The boat weighs 1580 dry. Add ons are a kicker at 127 lbs. Can you also tell me what rpms a 200 likes run at & what kind of speed I can expect out of motor? Thank you for your help.

1 answer to this question

Spike, try this link http://www.miwheel.com/MIWheel/propit/main.htm it's from Michigan Propellers, it helps choosing the right prop for many boats. Now, you might be a little more demanding than general use, and you will have to find better answers (eg 4 or 5 blades etc.), but it maybe it will help.