• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

But lar, ice fishing is ssooooo coooool!!. Some of us have had a hard time letting it go.

A little early for open water fishing... at least for this year but planning on trying some later this week. Will report back.

Hang in there - Jeff

lar take it easy! yes the open water season does seem like it takes for ever to get here! try to control the foaming at the mouth.( i carry a towel!!) we don't have to wait much longer.i am waiting for the rivers to calm down so i can get started on them. will pick up my boat the 25. can't wait to get it on the water to play with it. i was sad to see my bass boat go down the road last week. bought a fisherman series and want to play! remember !you are not alone!! del

i totally agree with u lar . this is a pure joke. it is spring and there is water open people need to stop gettin cocky cuz they think they r good fisherman well no ice fisherman is better than an open water one. icin u just drill a whole and vertical jig. it takes a whole lot more effort in open water and u have to be a way more versatile fisherman. So every ice fisherman. TAKE THAT!

------------------
ty

Lar; I agree with you even thou there is still ice fishing going on here in Minnesota. I worked on my boat today and even that helpped. Some time to wait before it will hit the water. Hopeing it will be sooner than later. Mite have to run south just to start things off.

Catfish1

yea so all u ice fisher man can take ur tiny little poles that u call a fishing pole and put them grinders away cuz ur season is ova now its time for the big boys to move in get ur little houses off the ice. its ova it open water fishing time and im pumped to flip tubes and pitch jigs cast some crank baits u now stuff u cant do through the ice yea open water fishing for prez

------------------
lar

I just love to hear the splash of water when I cast out my favorite crank bait. Having the crank bait clink on the ice does absolutely nothing for me!

------------------
Lew

I totally agree with u lar and lew. I luv the sounds of the motor goin and its kinda hard to have that sound on the ice.Icers r so dry they probably dont have enough strenght to cast so they have to drop there little bity jigs right underneath them. The big boyz have work to do and its time for them to move in.
Big Boyz rule

WOW you guys must have a severe case of cabin fever and must not ever tryed ice fishing. I will agree with you on all the sounds that get you going in the sumer But that 4 to 5 pound fish through a ice hole is still a good felling... It will happen soon enuff...

smoker craft u have no clue what ur talking about wow u can drill a hole in the ice than jig a lil lure up and down wish i had that kind of skill on the other hand i have way more skill than doning that lil thing od drilling a hole in the ice i am an open water fishermen and now that takes skill now im not saying u ice fishers dont have skill im just saying i think open water fishing takes more skill and i cant wait to get out there pitch jigs throw tubes and all that

------------------
lar

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I disagree track_superstar.

However,
I did get out open water fishing yesterday. See the Mississippi River Pools 2-4 Forum and go to the Red Wing-Thanks CrappieTom topic. There's a picture in there AND there were a lot of Iowa boys fishing it smile.gif

WOW it is not about skill it is about getting off your molding winter but and enjoying the outdoors. Oh ya 21 for the high to day lets troll cranks in millers bay or in front of the dam at brushy for a good case of frost bite. I am geting the boat out this weakend so yes I am looking forward to it to. So relax it will happen...

i am sick of hearin about ice fishing.its dry and if u tried standin on ice<if there is and left hahaha>it would break. so now all u icers let the big boyz move in and catch some lunkers. i hope we catch so many fish that there will be none left for icers to catch next yr.if thats the case . dont catch and release.

hey smoker.if it were 21 degrees outside it would be hard to cast cranks. unless u were tryin to catch some ice.so u must not now wat u r talkin about smoker.no ur info before u try slammin sumone or someone will slam u back like me,lew,and lar.

Its sad to hear fellow fishermen.Bash another for the way they fish.I think ice fishing 24 7.I summer fish to find good winter spots.Keeping all the fish you catch is not cool.Lets all act like good sports. ICE JOHN FISH ON

WEll GLAD U TWO LOVE UR DRY ICE FISHING WELL U WANNA NO WHAT I THINK U TWO CAN GO HAVE A LIL PARTY ON THE ICE BECAUSE ME AND THE BIG BOYS DONT GIVE A HOOT YEA THATS RIGHT SO U TWO HAVE FUN ON THE ICE CATCHING THE TINYS [PoorWordUsage]ERS WHILE WE MOVE IN CUZ THERE IS NO ICE LEFT ON THE LAKES SO WHATS UP NOW

------------------
lar

I jus went fishing today on the open water.Ya and pulled in 3 nuice size bass.the first weighed 3.25 the second weighed 2.5 and the third totaled in at 4.75 and i had a real nice day on the water. hey icers i dare u to try fishing on the ice cuz it will break now. o and by the way i kept every one of my bass jus for u icers.Boy do i love pitchin jigs in heavy cover.

------------------
ty

Is this a joke? I have never seen such close mindedness. I have learned alot about spots I like to fish in the summer by fishing them in the winter. A person can learn alot about the movements of the fish by fishing them as long as the season lasts, even if that includes fishing them through the ice. Being versatile means being able to catch fish under all conditions with many style of baits. It does not mean belittling someone for enjoying a different type of fishing.