• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rust on Lures

Question

I have rust on some of my jigs and hooks on my crankbaits. What is the best stuff to remove rust from stuff like that?

------------------
"I got a bite..."

4 answers to this question

Rust goes into a surface first, then bubbles out. If the rust is in the jig eyes, then even if you remove the rust, the pits are still there and could cut your line.

I have soem rusty hooks & such, and if it's non-critical locations I use a dremel with a wire brush, then a light shot of trumpet oil or hair-clipper oil.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Replace the hooks on the crank baits. I chucked a few lures this spring. It just made more room for the new stuff.

Save the little packets that you get when you buy electronics ect.ect. They are there to stop the oxygen/moisture from wrecking stuff.

There is a company that makes a product just for it tho. Go to a search engine and type in Inhibitor. They have a web site. I plan on ordering some soon but keep forgeting. Thanks for the reminder! Its cheap insurance if you ask me when you think of what it would cost to replace every thing. Plus it only costs a few bucks.

#1 best solution AG00472_(t).gif
Gather'em up take picture, then post on HSOList. Those guys will pay good money for fishing stuff. Also great time to update selection. "One man's junk is another mans gold" I do it all the time. It' gida fun to see what they will pay.
C&R~~~~>')))))><

god bless our troops j0178291(t).gif

#1 best solution AG00472_(t).gif
Gather'em up take picture, then post on HSOList. Those guys will pay good money for fishing stuff. Also great time to update selection. "One man's junk is another mans gold" I do it all the time. It' gida fun to see what they will pay.
C&R~~~~>')))))><

god bless our troops j0178291(t).gif

one more try