Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Boat: Lund Angler 1700 w/ Yamaha 115 Four Stroke

8 posts in this topic

Well after a long time of lurking in this forum I finally decided to register. The information on this forum has been excellent and help me to decide on the purchase of a new boat (my first) which will be ready for pick up in two weeks.

The boat details: 2003 Lund 1700 Angler SS with 2003 Yamaha Four-Stroke 115 HP motor. I purchased this boat at Crystal-Pierz Marine in St. Cloud and got all the bells and whistles with this one including: Galvanized Trailer, Pro-Ride/Air-Ride Seats, Bow mounted 55lb Minnkota trolling motor, Custom Cover, Deep Cycle Battery, On-board charger, Raytheon 365 Locator, Sony AM/FM CD Player, Hustler Prop. The boat was originally packaged with a 90 HP 2-stroke yamaha and I am very happy that I upgraded to the F115.

I am really looking forward to getting out for the boats maiden voyage. I purchased a fishing liscense for my wife this year and purchasing the boat will give us the opportunity to spend a little bit more time together on the weekends as I fish about 40 weekends out of the year. My father is also very enthusiatic about the purchase as we have fished out of his Lund Rebel 16 for the past 15 years, and while he will not be discarding his boat, this boat will give us the opportunity to fish waters and conditions not suited for the rebel.

Can't wait...

[This message has been edited by SUNNYD (edited 04-08-2003).]

Nice boat. Enjoy the summer in style!

Nice Set up wish it were mine. Enjoy it the boys at St. Cloud know how to put a boat together.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Awesome! Picked up a new Lund Mr. Pike 17 a couple years ago with a 125 two stroke merc. Absolutely love it. Getting the itch this spring to upgrade to the ProV with a 115 four stroke. Just not sure yet.

Good Fishing!

As a forethought, I thought I would pose this question before I pick up the boat.

Is there anything outside of reading all the manufacturers documentation that I should consider before taking the boat out for its maiden voyage?

Also, I just thought I would make mention to the pricing I received. My wife and I went in with a Out-The-Door price in mind and we received it after some consideration. We dealt with Woody at Crystal-Pierz and we were very satisfied with the sales service and communication that we recieved from them.

Thanks in advance for any replys! If Scott Steil is out there...I say hello you may remember me from the RS Golf Course.

Take care!

John

[This message has been edited by SUNNYD (edited 04-08-2003).]

Sunny I'm jealous, I'm waiting for my new boat...and waiting...put a crappie in the livewell for me, I'd take just the motor manual to read at this point. Good luck breaking it in.

Hey Sunny, welcome to the forum. You made an excellent choice in boat and motor. Break her in nice and watch the rocks!

chunky