• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Stealths

iffwalleyes

Question

I am curious how this auger works. I am thinking about buying a new Jiffy before next season. Since, my jiffy that I currently run which is 20 years old needs a little work I am starting to get some pretty good blow by. So am wondering what everyone who has one of this type auger liked them. I am trying to decide whether to get on or if it is worth if for me to fix it. Actually I will probably do both. Also I am not interested in a Strikemaster so I don't want to hear any comments on them since I am a Jiffy guy through and through you wouldn't be able to convince me to get one anyhow. Thanks.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

4 answers to this question

I have had a Jiffy Legend 2 HP for 2 seasons now. It is perfect. I don't have the Stealth blade, but I do have the Teflon coated DeIcer blade they offered at the time I bought mine. The new blades have a larger center cutter instead of just a centering point. I have never been diappointed in the way mine cuts.

Thanks for the info on the Legends. I know all about Legends, Models 30, etc. I just want to hear from someone that has used a Stealth. I don't care if it is a 2 or 3 hp I am just more interested in what they thing of the drill itself. I would only buy a 3 hp anyways. Thanks

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 04-07-2003).]

iff-
My girlfriend(now Fiance, for obvious reasons) bought me a 9" 3hp Jiffy Legend Stealth for Christmas. I love it. I went on 4 trips way up north this winter and it was the only auger we brought on the last 3 after lugging another one around on the first on. It is very reliable and you almost have to lift the auger up while it cuts because it pulls through the ice so fast. It is not as fast as a Strikemaster lazer, but 3 or 4 seconds is not really going to make that much difference for me. It is the easiest auger I have ever drilled a hole with. It makes me laugh when I see other guys laying and jumping on their augers to get them to cut. Highly recommended. Easily the best auger I, or any of my fishing buddies have ever used.

My wife bought me the Legend 3 horse with 8" blade. It is the first auger I've ever owned but I have done a little research after getting it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I got to use it for several trips this year and it cuts thru the ice like a hot knife thru butter. The strikemaster folks will complain about the wobble etc. etc. I called Jiffy because mine does this too, but it's supposed to! Also, the gear box is quality made and does not need to be greased. Very easy upkeep. I would highly recommend one, nothing but a sturdy, quality built machine.