• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reliable Lund Dealers

leechlake

Question

I've purchased three boats in the last ten years and I'm not having much luck with "service." My latest lund purchase was to be ready April 1 (a bad omen) and now "should be" ready April 25 due to it not arriving from Lund. I'll never know if this is the real story. I'm sure some people have good boat buying experiences. I've found that the boat dealers/salesman seem aren't the squarest of dealers and while I'm sure those of you with friends that are in the business get taken care of does anyone have any tips in assuring things go as promised in writing when you don't personally know the dealer? Thanks. My newest bad experience dealer is the "largest in the region." I didn't even shop anywhere else I just went in there and purchased the boat, with very little "haggling."

5 answers to this question

I know exactly what you are talking about. I went to a dealer once (in June) and learned that the boat I liked was not in stock, but the dealer coincidentally put in an order for the exact boat I wanted and it will be delivered/set-up "in a week or two guaranteed". I gave my down payment and asked they sign on the purchase agreement that I could back out of the deal for any reason (i.e. if the boat did not arrive by 2 weeks as told). Turns out I waited over two weeks and after numerous phone calls and no answers, they called me after the promised delivery date and said "good news, your boat is in the factory getting painted today!". I told them I will be in ASAP to get my deposit back and cancel the deal. I don't think they "ordered" that boat before I walked into the store....

I later found an even better boat that same week for a cheaper price. I didn't lose in the end.

I'm sick of dealers jerking my chain telling me information that was false. If they are straight up, cool. I can live with it. Unfortunately a lot talk through to seal a deal instead of come out and tell me a straight, honest answer. There are a lot of horror stories, but it comes with a busy market. I just wish some dealers would express how flooded the boat/motor market is from day one.

Another vote for Nelson Marine. Great fast reliable honest service. I wish all companies worked as well. They have a web site it is nelsonmarineboats. They just sync and lined my carbs. Hope to get out this weekend!! Ask for Tim

[This message has been edited by Pherris (edited 04-07-2003).]