• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honest Truth

iffwalleyes

Question

Ok so now that the ice fishing season is over for most of you (not me one more trip to LOW). I want to know those of you that have been using the new Marcums LX 3 and the New Vexilar FL 18 what do you guys think is the better one. I am kind of a Vexilar guy I love the FL 8 so I am kind of leaning towards the FL 18. I know there is another thread the has like 20 pages of info but lets face it I am too lazy to read all 20 pages so let me know what you think. I might be looking to buy one next year and just wanting some opinions. If some of you have used both of them which do you like better? Right now I don't have a flasher on my boat but I am thinking is I get a new one about putting on on so I know the the Vex with the bottom lock is nice in that situation. Most of my fishing is for walleye in depths from 12 feet up to 40 feet. I do also do some panfishing as well though. Give me so info make me wiser so I can make an educated decision. I hear talk the Vexilar is planning a FL 28 is that true or is most of that just talk?

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

7 answers to this question

You have got to be kidding me? April Fools was 2 days ago. Go to the expert equipment forum, scroll down the page, and click on page 3 and look at 17 pages and 245 replies on the Marcum vs Vexilar debate

I am looking for people who have used both models and done comparisions for there opinion. I know that everyone that has only a Vex thinks that is the best and everyone who only has a LX3 think theirs are the best. WallEYES I know that there is that thread as I mentioned in my intital posting I have read through a lot of it. The people that I am looking to hear from are someone that has used both models that is the opinion I am looking for. I you want to consider it as an april fool joke go ahead do respond but I don't mean it as one and I am just looking for some useful information.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

IFF
Look at that page and contact a person called CNY TIM. He lives in Central New York State and have fished with him and others over there. He has both the fl-18 and the Marcum. His e-mail address should be posted on one of those pages. He can give you what you want to hear on both units. Frankly I still have my Micronar/sitex/vexilar fl-8 and am from the old school and not going to change. Personally if you do your time on the ice or open water and learn how to use your electronics, will make you a better fisherman. I know how my old fl-8 works even when a couple of people are around me and my screen is spinning around like a top