Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iffwalleyes

Honest Truth

8 posts in this topic

Ok so now that the ice fishing season is over for most of you (not me one more trip to LOW). I want to know those of you that have been using the new Marcums LX 3 and the New Vexilar FL 18 what do you guys think is the better one. I am kind of a Vexilar guy I love the FL 8 so I am kind of leaning towards the FL 18. I know there is another thread the has like 20 pages of info but lets face it I am too lazy to read all 20 pages so let me know what you think. I might be looking to buy one next year and just wanting some opinions. If some of you have used both of them which do you like better? Right now I don't have a flasher on my boat but I am thinking is I get a new one about putting on on so I know the the Vex with the bottom lock is nice in that situation. Most of my fishing is for walleye in depths from 12 feet up to 40 feet. I do also do some panfishing as well though. Give me so info make me wiser so I can make an educated decision. I hear talk the Vexilar is planning a FL 28 is that true or is most of that just talk?

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

You have got to be kidding me? April Fools was 2 days ago. Go to the expert equipment forum, scroll down the page, and click on page 3 and look at 17 pages and 245 replies on the Marcum vs Vexilar debate

My .02 cents? If you like the vex and are happy with it, stick to the vex. Like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. smile.gif

Good luck, Lucky

I am looking for people who have used both models and done comparisions for there opinion. I know that everyone that has only a Vex thinks that is the best and everyone who only has a LX3 think theirs are the best. WallEYES I know that there is that thread as I mentioned in my intital posting I have read through a lot of it. The people that I am looking to hear from are someone that has used both models that is the opinion I am looking for. I you want to consider it as an april fool joke go ahead do respond but I don't mean it as one and I am just looking for some useful information.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I like my Zercom too ... grin.gifgrin.gif

IFF
Look at that page and contact a person called CNY TIM. He lives in Central New York State and have fished with him and others over there. He has both the fl-18 and the Marcum. His e-mail address should be posted on one of those pages. He can give you what you want to hear on both units. Frankly I still have my Micronar/sitex/vexilar fl-8 and am from the old school and not going to change. Personally if you do your time on the ice or open water and learn how to use your electronics, will make you a better fisherman. I know how my old fl-8 works even when a couple of people are around me and my screen is spinning around like a top

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   If you are start talking to the owners of the campgrounds now about letting you know when there may be an opening. Ours fills up during the summer but at the end of the season the owners will start hearing about those that will be moving out at the end of the year. Lot's of relatives will tell their families as soon as they hear someone is moving out. Good Luck.
    • Thanks guys. Looks like there are a few lakes to checkout.
    • I really hope the wolves aren't seriously considering this. You take LeBron James off the cavs, and Irving leads them to an 8 seed in the east, at best! This is going to be KAT's team for years to come, so if Irving is looking to be top dog, it certainly won't be here! Personally, I don't think he'll be traded. If the lakers show any sign of improvement in this upcoming season, LeBron will be leaving to go there anyway, so Irving just needs to be patient and he'll be he top guy again.
    • We're definitely checking out our options in a couple of areas we like but I'm not sure if it will happen as early as next year or not.
    • Definitely something to be said about parking it an leaving.  My fees are nothing except the bills I help pay for at the family cabin.  Would hate hooking and unhooking all the time.
    • Still have my old sno-boat. Best portable shelter out there for pulling by hand. You scored a heck of a deal! I feel mine is irreplaceable! I don't use it much, but when I do, I'm so glad I have taken care of it and still have it 16 years later. I've had 1 zipper replaced on the D-door and some patching done at Canvas Craft years ago.  I think the other zipper is on it's way out, and will definitely get that repaired when needed. 
    • If you planning on doing any hand pulling at all then do not get the lodge she is a tank and would not fit in a short box. As long as your not 300+ lbs you'll be perfectly comfortable with 2 adults in the cabin. Also a cheap alternative to Hifax are a set of old downhill skis (normally $7-15 @ goodwill) I pull mine across parking lots all the time behind the wheeler and they hold up really well. An added bonus is if you cut them off at the end of the sled then they work great for loading and unloading the shack from your pickup box by yourself because the steel sides dig into the ground a bit keeping the bottom from sliding out.
    • tip to a couple good friends   Len,
      Thank you for the stream recommendation, Len! I love the layout of this stream. Fished it from 3pm until 6:30pm.  My brother threw panther 9s and I threw 6s. We scored a brookie/brown/bow trifecta.    
    • Nelson has been down in recent years in terms of Walleye fishing. Depends on what kind of water you like to fish. The flowage and Moose Lake are good if you like fishing really dark water. Grindstone and Lac Courte Oreilles, maybe even Round are also good walleye lakes, but those lakes have very clear water and will fish completely different than the dark water river impoundments in the area.
    • I think it would be an offensive and experience(post season) up grade. I all reality, we dont have the means to make the trade.  We are nearly out of money(cap space) and only have 11 players.  We need food cheap role players right now.   Only way would be to package Wiggins with future draft picks.  If the analysts are actually correct on how improved we will be, those draft pick wont carry a ton of value.
  • Our Sponsors