• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best place to puchase a trolling motor?

Question

12 answers to this question

Gibby,

All I can tell ya is to shop around. Prices on Minn-Kota motors vary from store to store. In the case of a defective motor or missing parts or something like that all retail outlets have been instructed by Johnson Outdoors that the customer needs to go through the factory direct. So the warranty is the same at all places. Basically I would shop by price knowing that info.

Good Luck smile.gif
Chev

Gibby, Cabelas is pretty competitive on motors,however, i see your in NE. You may want to check with Reeds in Walker Mn to avoid sales tax. Reeds will also ship free like Cabelas.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by Derek Johnston (edited 03-30-2003).]

I've seen many trolling motors in the cabela's thrift store, obviously they have teken them back. I wouldn't buy anything from anybody other then cabela's, they will take back just about anyting, there service is amazing, reeds isn't even close. Period

Hey in my experience it doesn't matter if it is Reeds or Cabela's they are both great. I like to go to Reeds though because they often have deals on out of season stuff for a better price that Cabela's. Everything that I have bought from either store has been great. Derek is right Cabela's doesn't do the service work on the motors. There reason they always have some in back is someone buys them and they work but then return them for what ever reason so they can not sell them as a new item. The motors there aren't ones that have had service done unless they are listed as refurbished. Consider Reed's though they are a excellent sporting good store at least you can save the tax like Derek said.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWALLEYES

Last fall I bought a PSE bow from Cabela's and I went back to the store 30 days (exactly) later and it was on sale that weekend for $70 off. I happened to have a receipt in my car and they gave me the entire difference back + tax. I didn't even think it was worth asking, but they were happy to do it for me. That is great customer service. I had shot the bow about 500 times and they still refunded the difference to the sale price. A couple years before that they took a rod back that broke half way along the shaft and they took that back no questions asked. Those are two things to think about 1) Low price guarantee for at least 30 days 2) Great return policy for at least three months on products.

thats exactly what i'm talking about, cabela's will take them back if you have a problem and some of those trolling motors have bben seriously used, almost hammered. no body reeds or any one else beats cabelas, like i said period, My brother went in the other day and was looking for a pair of boots, low cut good to around 20, 30 degrees. the gal wasnt sure if this boot would meet his needs so she told him to bring them back next YEAR if they didnt work for a full credit or exchange, hell i've worn shoes for a day and the place wouldn't take them back My son brought his daiwa goldcast back, it wasn't working right, we thought they worked on them. they don't, we had no receipt and was in the wrong box yet the guy gives us full credit and we upgraded to a different model. unbelievable service, just a few examples. Know i'm telling you no body period! beats cabelas service, sure someone might beat their price but no one beats their service

yup same here. After last week cabellas gets my business. I had a gps I got there. It was 9 mo old. Warrenty was a year. I took it back to cabellas and they gave me a new one and since the thing was on sale gave me almost $100 back. How can anyone beat that?

Also is this a new boat? Marine boat dealers get the stuff for cost. Wholesale. If it is less than 1 yr since you bought it they should give you a break on the price. Some places alway hose guys on the price and that kinda sucks.
Hate to tell some but they could at least match any price you see if they are a dealer.
Also they can go alot lower than you see. Some things are ok some u will pay full price. I got a vantage this year for a 100bucks less than I could get anywhere.

Reeds cabellas u name it. It was all 100 to 200 bucks more. They wouldnt budge on the lowrance stuff tho. Shop around for your stuff it adds up!