• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mounting systems for handheld gps

lakevet

Question

Okay guys & gals how do you mount your handheld gps to your boat, truck wheeler, etc? RAM, homemade, other? Any disaster stories?

thanks
lakevet

take a kid or senior fishing
or your spouse smile.gif

6 answers to this question

I run a garmin 12. In the rear of my boat I use the garmin mount, not too bad but needs improvement, in the really rough pounding stuff it can fall out. up front by my bowmount I have a ram mount, bulletproof unit, worth every penny in my book, unit is held securely, never had it come loose either. You can position it anyplace yo need to help avoid glare from the sun too... Good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Diddo on the RAM! I have a ball joint on my ATV, snowmobile and boat for all year use, and the mount attaches to the ball mount(s). The best money can buy!

I picked up a couple of cell phone mounts on clearance ($1.99, were $29.95)from Radio Shack. The beauty of this mount is that it is rubber coated and utilizes a system that clamps the GPS (cell phone) in place. Pretty nice, helps keep me out of the Canadian waters

[This message has been edited by Gibby (edited 03-30-2003).]