• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lund pro-v 1800 help?

gofishingtom

Question

purchased a lund pro v 1800 last fall and had it out only 4 times in the fall but noticed water coming in from somewhere had to use bilge pump every couple of hours to get water out of back.. i know the prvious owner had just put in a new araeter pump for front livewell.. could he possibly not tighten the hose or is the seal on it not good .. i called him and asked if he had problems with water and he said no and i know he fished alot of tournements up in grand rapids area.. could that be the problem or could the front livewell have a leak.. any suggestion on what might be the problem would be helpful..things that i might be able to check this spring when i get boat back from storage..i did fill the boat with some water to check if it was leaking from hull but no leaks found.

any ideas would be appreciated...

5 answers to this question

I had a somewhat similar problem last summer on a 1775 Pro-V. At the same time my speedometer quit working. The water pickup line that connects to the back of the speedometer had come off and was pumping water onto the floor at the base of the console.

I have the same problem, and after a lot of trial and error I learned of a leak was from the livewell(s). When I fish the tourneys and both livewells are full they leak over the seals and the water drains into the bottom of the hull. No leaks when the livewells are empty.

I have also found leaky drain lines to/from livewells on another boat I once owned. Seals do dry up, crack, etc... Water lines can break if water is left in them over the winter.

On my dad's boat every hour or 2 the boat will really fill up, fast (89 Lund Predator). One day I looked under the boat and saw this object sticking out of the hull....looked like a bolt. Unscrewed the floor to find that the driver's air ride(tiller) pedestal seat blew out and a metal rod that was part shock wore through the hull. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. A simple round head bolt, plastic washer and silcone fixed the problem.

I had the exact same problem as wave runner with the speedometer but even though it's a fair amount of water it's not what you seem to be talking about, is there water coming over the transome and entering through the access panel, I've had that and it can fill up quickly.

I've got a Lund 1800 and when I first got it used I noticed that I'ld have to run the bilge frequently. What I found it to be is the water splashing between the wave wackers when I'm backtrolling and pooling up where the motor wires etc. go into the boat. This can actually add water rather quickly. It's something I just live with.