• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good, inexpensive scope

Scoot

Question

7 answers to this question

I like Leupold myself great scope but for a .22 it is probably a little more than you want since the scope probably would cost as much as the gun. Plus I don't know that they make a fixed power. You can get a Nikon Buckmaster 4X for $159 and they are a good scope. Really for a .22 you can probably go with the cheapest scope you can find and you would be ok. I have a tasco on mine and it is ok it obviously isn't a Leupold or a Nikon but it is a .22. Tasco actually make a couple scopes specifically for a .22 and they are only 40-60 bucks. I almost forgot a Swift is a very good scope to and I see they have a 4X for about $100. Swifts are actually really good for the money. They don't gather as much light as a Leupold but they are better than a tasco.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWALLEYES

Simmons (believe it or not) makes a fairly nice, reasonably priced (50 bucks or so) 22 scope that seems to hold up pretty well in my opinion.. it's called the 22 mag and is worth checking out in my opinion... I believe it's a straight 4 x 32 scope.. they also make a variable version which I have no experience with...

marine_man

[This message has been edited by marine_man (edited 03-27-2003).]

I have a Bushnell Sportview 3-7 on mine and I like it. Pretty cheap, I think it was around 40 or 50 bucks. The first scope I had on it was a Simmons 4x and it was a piece of ****. I don't think it's the same one that the other guy just posted on, as it was more like 25 bucks than 50, but it was garbage. The reticles started spinning after about 10 shots.

Well there you go Scoot. I am pretty sure that we mentioned just about every brand of scope out there. Probably the best think to do since I see you live in Fargo is go to Scheel and see what they recomend and then look through them all. They have a stand the you can put 4 scopes into and then just go down the line and see what they look like. If it we me I would really take a good look at the Swifts that I mentioned. For the price they are a really good scope. If I were you I would avoid Bushnell and Weaver just because of some of the experience I have had with them. I have never had a simmons so I can say on them. Cabela's brands also might be worth looking at I have never had one but I have heard lots of talk on them. Well there I think we have covered them all.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWALLEYES