• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

landing net help

leechlake

Question

Any good suggestions on devices to get landing net out of the way while fishing but accessible? I have a 18' Prov IFS. Standing up in a rod holder is in the way laying in splash well doesn't work and laying in the bottom of the boat is also in the way. Any practical ideas. Thanks.

10 answers to this question

I have a net holder (I think it's made by Frabill for like 10 bucks) mounted on the side of the passenger console. It's out of the way when fishing and with quick access from bow or stern. I do take it down when I'm on the move. Works good for me.

I took a 2' piece of 11/2" pvc drilled 2 holes through it than enlarged the outside holes big enough for the screw head to go through and than mounted it to the side of my boat directly behind my boat seat since I dont fish from that side of the boat it is never in my way but always in reach should probably have said I have a tiller boat

I have a folding net that actually works. I think fabril makes it. Takes up little space when folded and is easy to put together in a hurry. (ive done it one handed)

As Waterwolff and Canuck did I too mounted a piece of PVC pipe to hold my Frabill big game net but mounted it on an angle, about 30 degrees facing back on the gunnel so the net is even with my outboard. It is low enough to cast over and almost completely out of the way and still readily accessable. A bungie cord holds it securely when under speed to a new location.