Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pherris

Lowrance X-97

7 posts in this topic

I am considering upgrading from my X-85 to the X-97 I was looking for any input on the units and how others feel they compare? Any input would be great. Thanks

The X-97 is the upgrade to the X-85. There are four main differences between the units, the X-97 has a 320x320, pixel screen, multi level greyline, better connectors for the cables, and a screen with a rotary flasher. The power and menue layout remained the same.

Rob

I just put an x 97 on my boat this morning, Havent had it on the water yet tho. Upgrades from the x 85 (I moved my x85 up to the bow) other than the 320 vs 240 vertical pixels include adjustable backlighting, no more really bright locator in the dark of night, reversable grayscale, new fishreveal, I think I'm going to use that quite a bit, The temp is now included in the transducer, no longer need to buy the add on unless you need the speed also. Overall its changed quite a bit over the 85, both are great units! Good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

just to say i have been fishing with paul and would follow his advise.. his finder will show you fish and catch you some also.

I to have been looking at the X97 whats the difference from the X97 to the X98DF anyone know?

The 98 is made for deep water. Really deep. For the average guy in this area it is not needed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The walleyes (current strong) I catch on Rainy fight harder than any bass I've ever caught. 
    • That's what happened when a mouse ran up Del's leg. He peed all over the carpet. 
    • cool info here....   http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/education_safety/safety/ice/ice_stats.pdf
    • Anyone fall thru the ice with a floating jacket or bibs? Any take on it? How about going thru WITHOUT floating jacket and pants? Any take on it? What if you fall in? What should you do if you fall through the ice? First, try not to panic. This may be easier said than done, unless you have worked out a survival plan in advance. Read through these steps so that you can be prepared. Don't remove your winter clothing. Heavy clothes won't drag you down, but instead can trap air to provide warmth and flotation. This is especially true with a snowmobile suit. Turn toward the direction you came. That’s probably the strongest ice. Place your hands and arms on the unbroken surface. This is where a pair of nails, sharpened screwdrivers or ice picks come in handy in
      providing the extra traction you need to pull yourself up onto the ice. Kick your feet and dig in your ice picks to work your way back onto the solid ice. If your clothes have trapped a lot of water, you may have to lift yourself partially out of the water on your elbows to let the water drain before starting forward. Lie flat on the ice once you are out and roll away from the hole to keep your weight spread out. This may help prevent you from breaking through again. Get to a warm, dry, sheltered area and re-warm yourself immediately. In moderate to severe cases of cold water hypothermia, you must seek medical attention. Cold blood trapped in your extremities can come rushing back to your heart after you begin to re-warm. The shock of the
      chilled blood may cause ventricular fibrillation leading to a heart attack and death! 
    • dont be surprised if ya catch a REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Well see their ya, go. Now fight that on a 26" rod. Can we both agree then that Walleye's can give up a little fight?
    • Here's a 12lber from this summer, though    
    • Maybe you can just carefully pull the right cable through with the old one but doughtfull if you got the foamed version.
    • Looked in every hole I could find. Hope I got it all but will leave out the traps for a few days.
  • Our Sponsors