• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

muske line

mrbigdawg

Question

I had gotten some cortland spectron line at 80# and 20# test 80 for the muske and 20 for a smaller bait caster the problem is one day the line worked great the very next day the line glued together in the real a lost two spiner baits back to back It is some very pricey and does not work I need to know two things what kind of line should i use and what brand. The other is does anyone know if cortland has a web site that I can goto thanks for any info

5 answers to this question

These days of hi-tec lines leave lots of choices. I have went thru a few of the new braids.... my humble opinion, power pro is the best choice in the musky/muskie line sizes. Have used spectron on occasion with no "malfunctions", have some cortland flylines, these work great. Once again power pro works for me, in these heavier line sizes it's the way to go....opinionated?....yes I am cause the ski'sons almost open up here and I have 35# on my bucktail rod. You can get ahold of www.cortlandline.com

Let the big dawgs go, enjoy and happiness

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 05-31-2001).]

One great muskie line I have been using is 80 lb Berkley Whiplash. It is super strong, low stretch, low visibility and has the diameter of 17 lb mono. Most other braids of this strength have the diameter of anchor rope. Give it a try it's great line.
The 65 lb strength is great for bass also. It's awesome for slop fishing, it slices through any weeds.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

has any one tried the spider wire catfish braid?? the add says zero stretch very abrassion resistant, was thinking about trying it. don't do alot of muskie fishing,but would like to be prepared better! del