Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markcl

Ice auger end of season

3 posts in this topic

How do I take care of my 2hp ice auger engine now so it is ready to go when the ice comes back in november?

I dumped most of the gas out, run the rest out that's in there. Put a dab of oil on the machined lazer blades and put it in the basement. I have used mine for 6 seasons and it's been awesome thus far. I have to spray my throttle cable every pre-season with WD-40 too so that cable slides easy through the sheathing and I have no problems with the throttle sticking.

I get my 20 year old Jiffy running and put some Mistery Oil or automatic transmission fluid in the air intake on the carb untill it stalls or you get a lot of smoke coming out. That coats the whole inside of the engine with the oil and keeps any moisture from rusting it. Drain all of the gas out of the tank as well. My Jiffy has a grease fitting on the gear case that I pump about 4 shots of grease in. That's what I've done and my Jiffy is still runing strong after 20 years of use.
Good Luck

Wishin2BFishin

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Dave -   I will go back to your original question and skip over everything after that.    You provided an explanation yourself.  In this case was the cross a representation of Jesus dying?  Or was it simply a representation of a soldier dying in battle.  I would say that a cross in a veteran's memorial traditionally represents the second scenario.     I would agree, to me this display is not religious.  Of course, as a Christian, I may be biased in my view.     I can't answer that for you.  However, we seem to live in a country where being offended can be considered a lifestyle.     We do have a separation of church and state.  The writers of the Federalist Papers wanted to make sure that our government did not have a government sponsored church like the Church of England.  I would not be happy with my government telling me how to worship.  So, I am happy that there is a separation of church and state. 
    • How many sleds can "we" get in that new trailer?
    • It's the interwebs. There is someone somewhere telling you what you want to hear no matter what that is.
    • Well how was the ride? I got my enclosed trailer ordered up today and will be here when I get back.
    • And who will decide what is good and what is not good for America? It seems there are opposing views for each perspective.
    • I have never heard this before and It is interesting.
    • There is also a separation of church and state. Put whatever you want on private property but keep religion out of the public arena.   Or are you also against the Texans who passed regulations making Sharia law illegal. Is it OK to have the Koran posted in a public area and to have rag heads praying to Allah in the government buildings?
    • We have a lot of shows going on this winter and spring that we'll be displaying at. Make sure to follow us on our Facebook page to stay up to date on all of those events...   Thorne Bros Facebook - CLICK HERE   Always great to see HSO members at these events so stop by and say hi!!   Thanks for all of the support!!
    • Holy cow iambjm, that's an aggressive fishing schedule ya got there. Good luck. Get that locator fixed. Looks like it's gonna get a workout. By the way swill, aka bill says hi!
    • There you go again....thinking about men's junk.
  • Our Sponsors