• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

leadcore questions!

Mykal

Question

Quick question!

Is it important to have a line counter reel when fishing with leadcore? Also, do you put some type of backing on the reel before you spool up the leadcore? Which lb leadcore is most applicable to pulling craks 18lb? Thanks in advance!!!

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

4 answers to this question

Quick question!

Is it important to have a line counter reel when fishing with leadcore? Also, do you put some type of backing on the reel before you spool up the leadcore? Which lb leadcore is most applicable to pulling craks 18lb? Thanks in advance!!!

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

I use a 7-10 foot 10lb trilene xl or xt leader in green for Mille Lacs. The mono has the stretch you will need when connecting with a fish. Flourocarbon has minimal stretch so I wouldn't recommend it on this setup unless you have a soft rod to take the shock. This isn't finesse fishing here. I work leadcore up to 15 feet down to 35. What's nice is you can put any type crankbait on and put it where you need it as long as you have your trolling speed in check.
Mills carries the Tidewater reels for $40 bucks. Nice reel for the price.

[This message has been edited by Mykal (edited 03-20-2003).]