• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Mount Install ???

scalescratcher

Question

I am planning the installation of a bow mounted depth finder. Can someone offer some tips on the routing of the transducer cable from the bottom of the trolling motor up the shaft? I've seen photos with the cable spiral wrapped up the shaft but I'm not sure how this works when the motor is stored or extended.

4 answers to this question

Just watch your pinch points and then use cable ties to connect the cable to the shaft of your motor. That's how we have always done it with no problems.

[This message has been edited by jpz (edited 03-19-2003).]

I guess that would depend on the style of bowmount you have. I have a minnkota powerdive and the way that it slides up to store you can only wrap so far and still be able to bring it up out of the water.

You are making me think a little now, I am considering the same thing. With that one I think you would need to go around the slide mount with the cable. The problem with that would be the loose cable.

Hmmm smile.gif Gonna have to look a little myself now.

Run your transducer cable through the center of your trolling motor coil. Zip tie it where it enters the coil and again where it exits the coil. This should work for you.