Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronM

Flasher Question

5 posts in this topic

I am thinking about getting a older flasher to use for this summers fishing. The one thing I'm concerned with is I fish in a lake with a mud bottom. Will the flasher still lock on bottom? Another thing, when I get to a reef, how will I be able to tell? Will there be a stronger signal there then over the mud? Thanks all.

FF

If the unit is operating properly, you should not have problems, mud will show up as a weak thin red line, you will probably have to turn the gain (power) up. Hard bottomed reefs should show bright and wide with not a lot of power needed. My old Green box which is about 1970 vintage? is retired, but it did show that.

Is there anyway you could put a suction cup on a flasher transducer to make it portable? Does anyone know any other way? Thanks much.

WS

Cabelas, or Bass Pro or most Marine shops sell a product you can attach your transducer on and it sim[ply clamps on your transom, works great, I use one on my Jon boat for river duty