Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fubar

wood flooring in older Lund

5 posts in this topic

I have an older model 14’ Lund and I was thinking of removing the bench seats and replacing them with a wood floor. I know I would have to put in a rod locker on one side and some kind of storage on the other, just to give the sides some support. My question is how would I go about securing the wood to the metal? And would it be easier to carpet the wood before installing? Thanks for any suggestions.

Definitely carpet the wood BEFORE you put it in. A little glue on the top of treated plywood and some staples underneath- no sweat.
As far as securing the wood for the rod locker, we used little L-brackets that bolted to the sides for our boat. Seemed to work fine.
Scoot

i put a floor with carpet in my 14'. use L brakets and attach them from the floor to the sides of the bench seats. this works great. also definetly put your carpet on before you put the floor in your boat.

Be careful, those bench seats are what holds the boat together.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN