• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charcoal

I see Home Depot advertising for Memorial day but no Kingsford double bag on sale. Has anyone seen any on sale anywhere? I am down to my last bag and need to stock up, Memorial weekend is usually the time to do it.

On 5/24/2018 at 6:20 AM, Grainbelt said:

I stopped at Lowes yesterday and got restocked at 9.88 per 18.6 lb double pack. No limit indicated.  

Lowes was running this deal again when I was in one of their stores here in Sioux Falls this evening

anyone seeing any charcoal sales this week or coming up for holiday weekend? This is when I usually try to stock up on deals. I still have a few bags left over from last year but was hoping to score some more deals but not seeing anything yet this year?

Memorial weekend, 4th of July and Labor day the price drops on Kingsford charcoal at Home Depot and Lowes. Last year it was back to 20lb bags but at a higher price of around $15 for two bags. Home depot had another brand in a black bag called Embers  2 -20lb bags for $10 last year. I got 4 bags to try and they worked alright, they don't light up as easy as Kingsford at times. The Embers is much like Royal Oak in my opinion. 

I am down to one full last bag. I usually get about a dozen bags on Memorial and stock up for the winter with about 8 bags on Labor Day.

Happy Grilling!!

You may see very little in the way of charcoal sales.  The store I work at sells Big Green Egg grills and charcoal.  We were notified that there was a shortage of charcoal.  Really no reason given (maybe higher demand due to more people staying home.)  Our supplier was out for a couple weeks, but did get some in and we were able to get one pallet.  They were limiting each store to one pallet.  I haven't heard that they have caught up yet, so higher demand, lower supply = not much for sales.

A flyer I got in the paper for fleet farm has 2 12lb bags of kingsford for 11.99. When I pull up the website it for sku# 101172850  it says its $14.99?  I cant find the same sale flyer I received in the paper online. Its a good 30min drive from my home, and I have already been burned by their website saying something is in stock and getting there and its completely out so I will not venture over there just for that.

Home depot didnt have any flyers on their website but I see a 16lb bag of kingsford is $9.76. Not sure if thats a sale price but they also have a 2 pack of 16lb kingsford for $25.98 lol

Lowes didnt have any thing either.

I will keep looking maybe someone will come through with a surprise deal. Would be nice to be able to stock up on something if possible.

Maybe by tomorrow but for sure by Friday the Memorial online sales should show up. Thanks for the heads up @Cicada , they may not be as cheap this year.

1 hour ago, rundrave said:

I have already been burned by their website

You are not alone.

Good call Cicada, Lowes has two 20lb bags for $17 for their memorial day sale. 

I'll get some because I'm almost out and wait to see what the 4th of July brings.

Edited by Grainbelt