Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

pinpoint trolling motors

4 posts in this topic

I just bought a new lund pro angler with 75 yamaha 4 str.
I am not too familiar with the new pinpoint trolling motors .I think they were bought by motorguide. I don't mind spending a little xtra for their technology.Does anybody know what model ? features? would be a good choice for this boat?

I have one on my T-Pro 170. When it worked it was great. Now it doesnt. It sucks.
Had a hard time finding anyone who will touch them. There is a place in bloomington called the motor clinic that will fix them now. Bet for what it cost to fix i could buy a new one.

They are alot cheaper now that they went under but I wouldnt buy one again. Wait and see what happens when MotorGuide builds their own pinpoint type motor. At least you can get a minkota fixed easy.

Do you think its good to buy something from a company that had to be bought out? Maybe Motorguide will do a better job of it.

Deemo,

It depends on why the company had to be bought out. When there is a death involving the biggest player in a company I think that is a good reason. Just my .02 cents.

------------------
First Choice Guide Service
The Cass Lake Chain
no_spam.com
Phone: (612)730-no_spam

So you are sayin buy it? I know guys who spent alot on this system and I am included. If u havent had problems you are lucky unless it is new.
If you could get it fixed easy I say go for it. The one guy I know who sent one in got a bill for just under $900 and had to ship it. you are talking a grand to fix it. I dont see guys standing in line to buy it and I will help out guys who ask. I payed for this last year and it lasted less then one season. Im just showing what happened to me. They have a 1 year warranty.

[This message has been edited by Deemo (edited 03-17-2003).]