• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone here have a permanent fish house on Mille Lacs that they use year around?

Big Dave2

I'm thinking about buying or possibly building a larger skid house to use year around on Mille Lacs. I have friends who have houses at Jerry Brandt's and will start there in my search for a resort. 

Anyone here have a fish house that they use year around at a Mille Lacs resort? If so, what do you like and what do you dislike?

I understand how the ice fishing works at most of these places but I would be most interested to know what your summer experience is like? I'm used to RVing at campgrounds and I know this will probably be more "rustic" than that. Anyone have pictures of their house set up in it's summer spot?

I'll be up there a few times this summer looking around a bit but just wanted to get a head start if anyone has any input for me.

I guess the Red Door resort built a new campground and my Cuz does the summer winter thing with his Ice Castle which is a pretty big house. They like it but I have not been by yet to see their setup.

Are you sure Mamma's going to go for it? :P

Fish House Park

To enjoy your fish house during the summer season on Lake Mille Lacs, we offer a beautiful, quiet, wooded area just across from the resort. We have two distinctive parks consisting of 96 and 86 lots with a layout similar to the beauty of a state park with ample room for a deck, shed and parking a vehicle and boat.  Both parks have year round heated bathrooms and showers.
Electric 20 amp service is included. You also have full use of the resort.  For less than renting a monthly storage unit, you can have your summer cabin.   BEST LOCATION ON MILLE LACS as we are not only closest to the flats (1 mile),  but have over 15 spectacular pan fish lakes within 4-10 miles directly to the north of the resort.

Rates

$525 per season (May 1 through October 31st) and a $50 fee for AC.

Edited by leech~~

8 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Are you sure Mamma's going to go for it? :P

She's more on board for this than spending $3,000 to park our camper at a resort and only being able to use it 6 months out of the year. At least that's what she told me.

15 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

She's more on board for this than spending $3,000 to park our camper at a resort and only being able to use it 6 months out of the year. At least that's what she told me.

:confused::crazy: 3 grand..............wowzer thats spendy. the place we were ar a few years ago was $2100. one of the many reasons we left.

38 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Well she may not really care about being on a lake and actually keeping fish then?  To each his own. :)

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Well she may not really care about being on a lake and actually keeping fish then?  To each his own. :)

Mille Lacs isn't the only lake in the area. We probably would rarely fish it during the summer, I'm not a big fan of the wind and waves out there. We would probably do more 4-wheeling and visiting during that time and fish some of the smaller area lakes.

We are just going to be fact finding this year so next year would be the soonest we would probably make a move and Mille Lacs has to rebound sometime. I'm hoping we can buy during the down time and be ready for the upswing in a few years.

Plus, you do realize there are other fish in that lake besides walleye, right? ;)

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

:confused::crazy: 3 grand..............wowzer thats spendy. the place we were ar a few years ago was $2100. one of the many reasons we left.

There are still some less expensive campgrounds and another one that we are looking at also is only $1800 but it seems like the majority of campgrounds are closer to $3000.

Leech, what are they charging up at your campground?