Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tacklejunkie

Ice off predictions

Predict lakes around Duluth will be open two days before the fishing opener. Places like Lake of the Woods a week afterwards. Now I’ll get to see how accurate I was

I'm calling May 13 in the Brainerd area. That's Mother's Day, and they'll need us out of their hair that day so they can have some fun.

Weatherman on the news last night predicted that it will be record late ice out for most of the state or really close.

I thinking all the Southern lakes that may be open are going to be packed this opener. ;)

We need warm windy days to get things really going. 

I'm guessing the in-laws lake 20 minutes north of Deer River will still have ice floating around on opener. 

On this day in 2010 I had already returned from a Bdub canoeing and camping trip. That year and this year seem to be two extremes.

Has there been any announcements what the governor will be doing for fishing opener yet? Does he still honor the tradition but head to the southern part of the state?

Green lake Spicer if ice is off. The governer's opener this year will be in the Willmar area. 

There’s a nice stretch of warm weather. I just wonder if it’s enough to melt our local lakes by opener

Then the fish have to spawn